ARTICLE 1.- Articles 159 and 161 of Law No. 4573, Penal Code, of May 4, 1970, and its amendments are amended.
The texts are as follows:
“Article 159.- Sexual relations with minors.
Anyone who has access to or has carnal access by oral, anal or vaginal route, with a minor, will be punished with a prison sentence, provided that it does not constitute a crime of rape, in the following cases:
1) With a prison sentence of three to six years, when the victim is over thirteen and under fifteen years of age, and the perpetrator is five or more years older than this age.
2) With a prison sentence of two to three years, when the victim is older than fifteen and less than eighteen years old, and the perpetrator is seven or more years older than this age.
3) With a prison sentence of four to ten years, provided that the perpetrator has, with respect to the victim, the condition of ascendant, uncle, aunt, brother or sister, cousin or cousin by consanguinity or affinity, is a guardian or guardian, or is in a position of trust or authority with respect to the victim or his family, whether or not he is related.
The same assumptions will operate if the action consists of the introduction of one or more fingers, objects or animals through the vaginal or anal route. ”
“Article 161.- Sexual abuse against minors and disabled people.
Anyone who abusively performs acts for sexual purposes against a minor or incapacitated person or forces them to perform them on the agent, himself or another person, will be punished with a prison sentence of three to eight years, provided that it does not constitute a crime of violation.
The penalty will be four to ten years in prison when:
1) The offended person is under fifteen years of age.
8) The perpetrator prevails over his relationship of trust or authority with the victim or his family, whether or not there is a kinship relationship. ”
ARTICLE 2.- Sections 4) and 7) of Article 14, the first paragraphs of Articles 64 and 148 and paragraphs a), c) and d) of Article 158 of Law No. 5476, Family Code, are amended. , of December 21, 1973, and its reforms.
The texts are as follows:
“Article 14.- Marriage is legally impossible:
4) Between the adopter and the adopted person and their descendants; adoptive sons and daughters of the same person; the adopted person and the sons and daughters of the adopter; the adopted person and the former spouse of the adopter, and the person who adopts and the former spouse of the adopter.
7) Of the person under eighteen years of age. ”
“Article 64.- The nullity of the marriage, provided for in article 14 of this law, will be declared ex officio. The Civil Registry will not register the marriage of persons under eighteen years of age.
“Article 148.- Whoever exercises parental authority will hand over to his eldest son or to the person who replaces him in the administration, when this is concluded for another reason, all the goods and fruits that belong to the son and will render a general account of said administration.
“Article 158.- Suspension of parental authority.
Parental authority ends:
a) Due to the majority acquired.
c) Due to the judicial declaration of abandonment, which occurs because the minor is at social risk, in accordance with article 175 of this Code, and there is no opposition from the parents or when, when the right is suspended, they do not demonstrate have modified the risk situation for the minor, within the term that the judge has granted them.
d) When the minor has been the object of rape, sexual abuse, corruption or serious or very serious injuries to those who exercise it. ”
ARTICLE 3.- Article 89 of Law No. 3504, Organic Law of the Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSE) and of the Civil Registry, of May 10, 1965, and its amendments are amended.
The text is as follows:
“Article 89.- Every Costa Rican of one sex or the other, over eighteen years of age, has the unavoidable obligation to acquire their identity card.”
ARTICLE 4.- Sections 1) and 3) of Article 16, Articles 21, 22, paragraph 2) of Article 28 and Articles 36 and 38 of Law No. 5476, Family Code, of 21 are hereby repealed. December 1973, and its amendments, as well as subsection 1) of Article 39 of Law No. 63, Civil Code, of September 28, 1887, and its amendments.